If Your Home's Sump Pump Fails Call SERVPRO of Moline/Rock Island
Sump pumps are a very important feature to any home. Without getting technical, and to make a long story short, Sump Pumps keep your basement dry. When heavy rains hit, the pump kicks in and take water away from your home. It is extremely important to discuss your pump's coverage with your insurance agent, because sometimes these pumps can fail and cause damage to your home.
A power outage, from a storm for instance, can cause your pump to fail which could result in a flooded basement. SERVPRO of Moline/Rock Island have seen too many sump pump failures to count. We can't service your pump, but we can help clean up when a pump malfunction damages your basement.
If your Moline, Rock Island, East Moline or Silvis home has a flooded basement due to sump pump failure call SERVPRO of Moline/Rock Island at (309) 797-1199.
Summer is here! And So Are The Storms!
When a storm hits, remember that SERVPRO of Moline/Rock Island is here to help!
When Storms Hit Moline or Rock Island be sure to call SERVPRO!
Summer starts today, and we have already had our fair share of storms around the Quad Cities. Living here in the midwest, we all know how much damage our severe thunderstorms can cause. Hail can wreak havoc on roofs. Heavy rains can cause lead to flooded basements. Wind can knock down trees that could potentially destroy your home.
No matter how much damage a storm causes to your home or business, always remember that SERVPRO of Moline/Rock Island is here to help with the clean up. Next time the sirens go off in your neighborhood, all the way from Fulton to Kewanne, remember that SERVPRO of Moline/Rock Island is more than ready to assist your home or business with the clean up.
If Your Moline, Rock Island, East Moline, or Silvis Home or Business Has Been Damaged By A Storm Call SERVPRO of Moline/Rock Island at (309) 797-1199
Smoke and Soot Damage Can Cause a Pervasive Odor in Your Moline, East Moline, or Rock Island Home
Smoke and Soot Damage Can Cause a Pervasive Odor in Your Moline or Rock Island Home.
Smoke and soot is very invasive and can penetrate various cavities within your home, causing hidden damage and odor. Our smoke damage expertise and experience allows us to inspect and accurately assess the extent of the damage to develop a comprehensive plan of action.
Smoke and soot facts:
- Hot smoke migrates to cooler areas and upper levels of a structure.
- Smoke flows around plumbing systems, seeping through the holes used by pipes to go from floor to floor.
- The type of smoke may greatly affect the restoration process.
Different Types of Smoke
There are two different types of smoke–wet and dry. As a result, there are different types of soot residue after a fire. Before restoration begins, SERVPRO of Moline/Rock Island will test the soot to determine which type of smoke damage occurred. The cleaning procedures will then be based on the information identified during pretesting. Here is some additional information:
Wet Smoke – Plastic and Rubber
- Low heat, smoldering, pungent odor, sticky, smeary. Smoke webs are more difficult to clean.
Dry Smoke – Paper and Wood
- Fast burning, high temperatures, heat rises therefore smoke rises.
Protein Fire Residue – Produced by evaporation of material rather than from a fire
- Virtually invisible, discolors paints and varnishes, extreme pungent odor.
Our Fire Damage Restoration Services
Since each smoke and fire damage situation is a little different, each one requires a unique solution tailored for the specific conditions. We have the equipment, expertise, and experience to restore your fire and smoke damage. We will also treat your family with empathy and respect and your property with care.
Have Questions about Fire, Smoke, or Soot Damage?
Call Us Today – (309) 797-1199
When Storms or Floods hit Moline, Rock Island, East Moline and Silvis SERVPRO is ready!
Our highly trained crews are ready to respond 24/7 to storm or flood damage in Moline and Rock Island.
SERVPRO of Moline/Rock Island specializes in storm and flood damage restoration. Our crews are highly trained and we use specialized equipment to restore your property to its pre-storm condition.
Since we are locally owned and operated, we are able to respond quicker with the right resources, which is extremely important. A fast response lessens the damage, limits further damage, and reduces the restoration cost.
Resources to Handle Floods and Storms
When storms hit the Moline and Rock Island area, we can scale our resources to handle a large storm or flooding disaster. We can access equipment and personnel from a network of 1,650 Franchises across the country and elite Disaster Recovery Teams that are strategically located throughout the United States.
Have Storm or Flood Damage? Call Us Today (309) 797-1199
Does Your Moline, Rock Island, Silvis, or Milan Home Have A Mold Problem?
Mold can spread through a home in as little as 48 hours.
Microscopic mold spores naturally occur almost everywhere, both outdoors and indoors. This makes it impossible to remove all mold from a home or business. Therefore, mold remediation reduces the mold spore count back to its natural or baseline level. Some restoration businesses advertise “mold removal” and even guarantee to remove all mold, which is a fallacy. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
If your home or business has a mold problem, we can inspect and assess your property and use our specialized training, equipment, and expertise to remediate your mold infestation.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – (309) 797-1199
Moline, Rock Island, East Moline, and Milan Residents: We Specialize in Flooded Basement Cleanup and Restoration!
If you live Moline or Rock Island, don't let a flooded basement get you down. Call us!
A basement can flood at any time, although flooding most often occurs during heavy rainfall. Basements are inherently prone to flooding because they are the lowest level of a building and are normally built partly or entirely below ground level. There are a number of reasons why your Coal Valley, Sterling, Rock Falls, or Moline basement could flood, including:
- A blocked or failed sewer lateral pipe
- Heavy rain causes surface water to pool around your home
- Storm sewer backup
- Sanitary sewer backup
- Foundation drainage failure
- Water supply-line break or hot-water tank failure
- And many more
Have Questions about Basement Flooding?
Call Today - (309) 797-1199
If flood water is not handled quickly and properly, it can jeopardize your health and safety, and cause severe damage to your home’s structure. Remember, the longer you wait, the worse the problem will get.
The bottom line: a flooded basement can jeopardize your health, safety, and your home’s integrity. It’s worth making a call to SERVPRO of Moline/Rock Island and let our trained, professional crews handle the situation safely and correctly. We have earned the trust of hundreds of homeowners, business owners, and property professionals.
We are Flooded Basement Specialists:
- We are Available 24 hours/7 days per week
- We’re a Preferred Vendor to many National Insurance Companies
- We Bill The Insurance Directly – One Less Thing For You To Worry About
- Our Technicians are Highly-Trained in Water Restoration Techniques
- We use s500 IICRC Restoration Standards
- Advanced Inspection and Extraction Equipment
Basement Flooded? Call Us Today – We’re Ready To Help (309) 797-1199
Restoring Your Quad Cities and surrounding area's Commercial Property After A Water Damage Event
Commercial Water Damage Events Present Unique Challenges
Flooding and water damage events in the Quad City's commercial properties are often complex with numerous issues that require a knowledgeable and flexible response. Whether we’re dealing with a relatively small water cleanup scenario or a large scale event, we work quickly to assess each unique situation and isolate the damaged area. In many instances, normal operations can continue in a temporary space while we restore your facility.
Restoring Commercial Properties Presents Unique Challenges
Our professionals are trained to be mindful of legal and environmental concerns and strive to fully restore the damaged area while working within your budgetary constraints. We understand that every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So when an emergency situation arises in your business, give us a call and we’ll be there fast with the help you need.
About SERVPRO of Moline/Rock Island
SERVPRO of Moline/Rock Island specializes in the cleanup and restoration of commercial and residential property after a water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Faster to your Moline, Rock Island and surrounding area's Water Damage Event
SERVPRO of Moline/Rock Island provides 24 hour fire and water damage restoration service in the entire Quad Cities area.
Flooding and water emergencies don’t wait for regular business hours and neither do we. SERVPRO of Moline/Rock Island provides emergency cleaning and restoration services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week—including all holidays.
Faster To Any Size Disaster
Flooding and water damage is very invasive. Water quickly spreads throughout your home and gets absorbed into floors, walls, furniture, and more. SERVPRO of Moline/Rock Island arrives quickly and starts the water extraction process almost immediately. This immediate response helps to minimize the damage and the cleaning and restoration costs.
Need Emergency Service? Call Us 24/7 – (309) 797-1199
Water Damage Timeline
- Water quickly spreads throughout your property, saturating everything in its path.
- Water is absorbed into walls, floors, upholstery, and belongings.
- Furniture finishes may bleed, causing permanent staining on carpets.
- Photographs, books, and other paper goods start to swell and warp.
Hours 1 - 24:
- Drywall begins to swell and break down.
- Metal surfaces begin to tarnish.
- Furniture begins to swell and crack.
- Dyes and inks from cloth and paper goods spread and stain.
- A musty odor appears.
48 Hours to 1 Week:
- Mold and mildew may grow and spread.
- Doors, windows, and studs swell and warp.
- Metal begins to rust and corrode.
- Furniture warps and shows signs of mold.
- Paint begins to blister.
- Wood flooring swells and warps.
- Serious biohazard contamination is possible.
More Than 1 Week:
- Restoration time and cost increase dramatically; replacing contaminated materials and structural rebuilding may be extensive.
- Structural safety, mold growth, and biohazard contaminants pose serious risks to occupants.
About SERVPRO of Moline/Rock Island
SERVPRO of Moline/Rock Island specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
We service Moline, Rock Island, and surrounding areas such as Galesburg, Aledo, Sterling, Kewanee and Fulton. So any time that a pipe bursts in your home, or any other time where water damages your residence. Give SERVPRO of Moline/Rock Island a call at (309) 797-1199.
Our Highly Trained Restoration Specialists can restore your Quad Cities Area Home
SERVPRO of Moline/Rock Island is an IICRC firm. The Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) creates the standards for the restoration industry and provides training and certification to restoration companies. IICRC Certified Firms have the right to display the IICRC Certified Logo.
IICRC Certified Firms must
• Present accurate information to consumers and conduct business with honesty and integrity.
• Require a technician on all jobs who has been formally trained and passed all required tests.
• Require a continuing education program to keep technicians up-to-date on the latest changes in the industry.
• Maintain liability insurance to protect all parties in the event of an accident.
• Maintain a written complaint policy and agree to Better Business Bureau or similar arbitration to resolve disputes, and accept the conclusions and recommendations of arbitration.
The IICRC Develops The Standards For The Restoration Industry
The IICRC has been the driving force in establishing the main industry standards and reference guides for professional carpet cleaning, water damage restoration and mold remediation. These IICRC standards take years to develop and require the coordination of experts in the field: manufacturers, industry organizations, insurance professionals, training schools, contractors, and public health professionals.
Every five years, the standards are reviewed and updated. The water damage restoration field changes rapidly with advancements in technology and science, and therefore the standards must evolve to keep pace.
About SERVPRO of Moline/Rock Island
SERVPRO of Moline/Rock Island specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration and we are an IICRC Certified Firm. We believe in continuous training: from initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Follow these tips to prevent a cooking fire from happening in your home.
SERVPRO of Moline/Rock Island is available 24/7 to help you if your home is damaged by a cooking fire.
Cooking fires are the number one cause of home fires. With the following tips, given to us by our friends at the National Fire Protection Association, you will be able to minimize the chances of a cooking fire happening in your home.
- If you are sleepy or if you have consumed alcohol, it is best to avoid using stove at all.
- If you are frying, grilling, or broiling food, stay in the kitchen. Even if you have to leave the kitchen for even a short amount a time, turn off the stove.
- Use a timer! Don't let yourself forget that you have food cooking.
- Keep all flammable materials away from the stovetop. Paper towels, oven mitts, wrappers, or anything else that could catch fire should be kept away.
- Keep children at least 3 feet away from the stove.
Should you have a small grease/cooking fire...
- If a small fire occurs on the stovetop, place a lid over the pan, and turn off the burner. Do not remove until it has completely cooled.
- If a fire occurs in the oven, turn off the heat and keep the door closed.
If you have any doubts about putting out a small cooking fire..
- Get out immediately, and close the door when you leave to help prevent the fire spreading.
- Once you are outside, call 9-1-1 or your local fire department.
Should a cooking fire damage your home. Contact SERVPRO of Moline/Rock Island at (309) 797-1199.